Something very different from my usual lunchboxes: Christmas wreath cupcakes!
They are very easy to make and you will need:
- Cupcakes (use your favourite (vanilla) cupcake/fairycake recipe)
- White icing or white fondant
- Buttercream – I used 200 gr butter with 400 gr icing sugar which is enough to cover 24 cup cakes – and green food colouring
- Fondant for decorating, I used red, yellow and green
- Piping bag with star nozzle
- Small cutters
- My cupcakes had risen a little bit too much in the middle, so once they were cooled down, I sliced off the top to make them even.
- Cover the middle of each cupcake with a circle of white icing or white fondant.
- Fit your piping bag with a star nozzle, fill with the green buttercream and pipe around the edge to create the wreath.
- Make your decoration, by rolling out the fondant thinly and cutting out the shapes with your cutters or a small knife. I shaped the holly leaves by bending it lightly and letting it dry over a chopstick.
- Finish your Christmas Wreath cupcakes by decorating them with fondant stars, balls, holly etc.